Why should I invest in real estate?
- Real estate investments have a multitude of benefits for investors, from asset backed investing, very predictable returns & very significant tax savings
- Real estate has always trended upward, it has taken a hit at times but it has always shown resilience
Why invest with 3000 Capital?
- We are committed to our relationships with our partner operators.
- We are transparent with our investors and will always make time to discuss strategy, decisions and opportunities.
Does 3000 Capital and /or Casey Brown Invest their own money?
- Yes, the amount depends on the deal, we don’t want to squeeze out an investor for a bigger spot for us but yes we always look to invest.
How risky is my investment?
- Historically real estate has been the most secure investment, however we must say past performance does not indicate future success.
What property classes does 3000 Capital Invest in?
- We stay in the assets we know and the operators that run those types of assets, they are self storage, mobile home parks/villages, & Multi Family.
What is an accredited investor?
- You qualify as an accredited investor if one or both of these two things applies:
- 1.You have earned income that exceeded $200,000 (or $300,000 together with a spouse) in each of the prior two years, and you have a reasonable expectation of earning the same, or a higher amount in the current year
- 2. You have a net worth of over $1 million, either individually or jointly with a spouse (excluding the value of your primary residence)
- For the first criteria, the person must satisfy the thresholds for the three years consistently either alone or with a spouse. For example, a person would not be able to satisfy two years based on an individual income than the next year with a spouse. The only exception is if a person gets married within this period, in which case the person may satisfy the threshold on the basis of joint income for the years during which the person was married and on the basis of individual income for the other years.
- In addition, entities such as banks, partnerships, corporations, nonprofits and trusts may be accredited investors. An entity qualifies as accredited if one of the two below criteria apply:
– any trust, with total assets in excess of $5 million, not formed to specifically purchase the subject securities, whose purchase is directed by a sophisticated person, or
– any entity in which all of the equity owners are accredited investors.
- In this context, a sophisticated person means the person must have, or the company or private fund offering the securities reasonably believes that this person has, sufficient knowledge and experience in financial and business matters to evaluate the merits and risks of the prospective investment.
What is a K-1
- A K-1 is a tax form that is issued annually by any business that operates as a partnership, i.e. 3000 Capital! This form provides investors with detailed information on each individual investor’s share of the partnership’s earnings, losses, deductions, and credits during the year. Once this document is received, the individual investor can use the information to report it on his or her tax returns.
Where & When can I found my K-1
- Your K-1 can be found within your investor portal! As an investor, you will receive an email with detailed instructions once this document is ready on a yearly basis. Our goal is to have your K-1 prepared and in your portal for you by March 31st of each year. However, we do rely on outside reporting which is largely beyond our control, and this can occasionally change the timing of when we are able to release these tax forms. We will always keep you informed and updated on each step of this process.
How do distributions work?
- Once you invest with us and all the necessary paperwork has been signed, your distributions will begin between 30 & 60 days afterward, this largely depends on what day of the month you invest with us. Distributions will occur monthly after that.